For those of you with baby girls--how often...?

How often do people ask you if your baby is a boy or a girl (even when baby girl is wearing pink and bows and butterflies, etc.)? I realize my daughter doesn't have much hair, but why would I dress a boy in a pink dress that says "Mommy's Little Princess" or something equally girly? Use you eyes people! LOL!

sophiafarris

Asked by sophiafarris at 8:39 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know--My DD was in a pink car seat, pink onesie, with a pink blanket--some little old lady asked how old HE is. I said SHE in all her pink is a girl and was 2 months at the time. I agree use your eyes people!!!!
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:42 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• only once...

she was wearing yellow,

and she was newborn....

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• LOL! I hear ya. I don't know how much more you can do with all pink.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• LMAO! I thought i was the only one surronded by dumb people!!! My dd was in a pink snow suit in her pink stroller and you almost couldnt see her because all the pink blends together and this lady was like how old is your son? I just told her i didnt have one. LOL
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I know some people are just over looking what they are wearing and focusing on how beautiful the baby is. Maybe they just want to start a small conversation and give a compliment.
    My son was born with lots of hair and he was dressed in blue and they still asked if he was a girl even though girls can wear blue too. Go figure. I just say thank you and smile.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was mistaken for a boy well into her second year. It didn't matter what she was wearing. Even now at almost three years old she has very little hair. Poor kid. There's enough for small pigtails, so she's no longer called he/him.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 9:33 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• LOL-I have 3 girls and only dealt with that once....I've learned that if you have doubts if its a boy or girl just say-your baby is so cute! :)
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 9:56 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I know the question says for moms with girls but I've had people ask if my son was a girl, even when he was in all blue. I know that girls can wear blue too but, really...if he's in all blue with a blue blanket and a blue pacifier, wouldn't you get the picture? One time we were at the store and my husband was holding our son who was wrapped in the receiving blanket from the hospital so I could understand why someone may not know, but a lady was about to ask if he was a boy or girl but then she stopped and said "oh, its a boy!" and I asked her how she knew and she said "well, the pacifier in his mouth is blue.." and I was like " thank you for noticing! most people don't look the close.." haha. So some people out there still have some sense!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Just twice.She was wearing pink too.I almost ask that too to other people because for whatever reason people insist on putting their sons in pink or purple so i just say they have a cute baby as to not to offend their clothing taste.
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• It used to happen to me all the time. My duaghter is now 4 years old. At first, it was mainly older people, soI was not as concerned. But, when younger people started commenting, I anted to ask them if they needed their eyes checked. Now I laugh about it, becuase I always knew she was a beautiful little girl. Now that s all I hear when I am out with her. Don't let it get you upset. I know that it can, but don't, you'll laugh about it later, trust me.
    ciaobella451

Answer by ciaobella451 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2008