How did you feel while anemic? (during pregnancy)

I am 30 weeks preggo. A few weeks ago my Dr. told me I am slightly anemic. I have been taking prenatal pills and a Rx for the anemia. But today I have had a dull headache and I have been dizzy with a touch of nausea.(weak also) Does this sound like just more anemia symtoms...or something else?? What where your symtoms (if) you have been anemic duning pregnacy??

Wonderlust

Asked by Wonderlust at 8:52 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like anemia to me, that is how i was for all four of my pregnancies, at the hospital right after my last one, the dr was amazed that i was able to stand on my own for how anemic i was
    talk to your dr, he will probally want to do blood tests to rule out anything wlse more dangerous though
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 9:24 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• im 35wks tomorrow and the doctor told me also im slightly anemic so im takin iron pills b4 i started the pills i was very tired and very weak didnt wanna do anything..i also got alot of headaches..now im a lil better istill get a lil tired but not like b4 i have more energy..but i do feel weak sometimes but its cuz of the pregnancy too..
    vanessa23408

Answer by vanessa23408 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I had chronic anemia. I actually had to see a hematologist and get an iron IV. I was on the IV for 6 hours. My symptoms were fatigue at first, headaches, as it got worse I would actually get shortness of breath and a racing heart doing the smallest exertion. The reason this happens is the iron helps oxygenate you, low iron means that you need to pump more blood (heart racing) to get the oxygen you need. It was crippling. I could barely function taking care of two kids.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:13 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I was anemic to and I think it just made me feel more tired then I would have felt otherwise... and I got dizzy spells a lot... like my ears would ring and I'd start to black out like I was going to faint so I'd have to sit down and eat something.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I passed out once and almost did 2 other times. I got really dizzy, hot, and nauseous and everything started to go black. I was okay if I sat or layed down but I couldn't once and that's when I passed out. I was bad about taking my iron supplements though. Once I got into the routine of taking them I felt okay, even though they still kept saying my cell count was lower than it should be. But yeah anemia does make you feel weak and dizzy. Make sure you rest, eat when you're hungry and drink lots of water.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 25, 2008