ok i know you can laser to remove tattoos. Is there a cheaper way? does anyone know if those creams work?

dearone07

Asked by dearone07 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I don't know if I'd bother getting them removed. I'd probably just go and see a great artist and see if he could transform it into something better and hide whatever else used to be there.

My friend has spent thousands on laser removal(multiple sessions are req'd), and her tattoos are all still there but faded...and they just look worse than ever now. She buys expensive makeup to cover them, and even with that they are still visible.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 5:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Laser removal is expensive and painful. Not to mention it takes years to cover larger pieces. I agree with MommytoNakoa with getting the tattoo covered. I have never heard a success story using the creams. But a good tattoo artist could make a tattoo into something you could be proud of :)
    adeuslove07

Answer by adeuslove07 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My husband has had tattoos covered and you'd never know it looking at them.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• theres a cream called Tattoo-Goo. but it only works on newer tattoos that are only a few weeks old or less bc it basicly pulls the ink out. as te others said for a total non-see of a previous tattoo, a coverup is the way to go, costing between 100$ - 1000$ (depending on size) vs 2-3k plus for laser removal not to mention the pain from the lasers burn
    Miss_Yoshie

Answer by Miss_Yoshie at 12:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Haven't used it first hand, but have heard Wrecking Balm is a good first step. Use it to fade the tat as far as it will go, then finish with laser. It decreases the number of treatments you need, so it saves lots of money and improves the results.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• a tatoo that is applied proper cannot be removed by anything other than a Laser and Red will never be completely lasered away. Average cost here for a 2x3 inch tatoo removal via laser is $5000, with an average of 12 sessions. that's just the average. Coverup is DEF the way to go.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Creams will not work. Laser is what removes tattoos..Please be aware, that there will most likely be pain and some sort of scar as well
    Caitlynsmommy07

Answer by Caitlynsmommy07 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Tattoo Goo HEALS your tattoo's after you get them done. It has nothing to do with fading them. I am using some right now actually :)
    adeuslove07

Answer by adeuslove07 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2008