Is it bad that i am 34 weeks and already dialated 2?

07mommy08

Asked by 07mommy08 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was dilated 1-2 cm at 34 weeks and I was induced on my due date (high risk pregnancy)! If it's your first pregnancy, dilation doesn't mean much. I lost my mucous plug too many times to count. Had contractions but just couldn't get in a good pattern. I was actually dilated to 4.5 when I showed up to be induced and NOT contracting. What are the odds? I did yoga two times a week till 37 weeks and walked all the time too. Did everything I could to stir up labor once I got to 37 weeks ;) No go! Don't sweat it.
    CMcDougal

Answer by CMcDougal at 9:59 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I was dilated 1 1/2 for a month before I had my last son. I wouldn't worry too much. You can be dilated for a long time without actually having the baby.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:12 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• No some girls dilate a little early on. Unless your doctor tells you to worry... don't worry. If you start feeling pains in your back or front go in right away though. 36 weeks is considered the "safe" zone... the babys lungs are developed enough and stuff... so you got a couple more weeks at the least before you want to go in to labor.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:14 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I was dialated just about 2cm at 34 weeks and didn't get any contractions until the night before my due date and gave birth the next day. He came right on time!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• no im 34 wks and im 1 centimeter,as long as your not getting continuous contractions you're good.
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 11:28 PM on Dec. 25, 2008