What is the best formula for baby a baby with reflux?

Mgirly84

Asked by Mgirly84 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think it matters what formula you use for acid reflex. My son is on Alimentum b/c he has milk soy protein intolerance and he is on Zantac for his acid reflex. Is your baby on med. for acid reflex?
    DJMsmom

Answer by DJMsmom at 9:59 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Enfamil A.R. is made specifically for babies with reflux. My son has reflux and the only reason we didn't put him on is because he was already constipated, and the A.R. formula is thickened so we figured it would make him worse. He's on Enfamil Gentlease and does great. He still spits up here and there but nothing like what it was, and we haven't had to use his medication since he's been on it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Truly, which ever one works best for you.
    Good Start really helped my little one. We tried soy, we tried nutramagen (which she refused to eat a second time), but the Good Start helped her crying and pain the most.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 26, 2008