over the counter meds for cats?? please read I need help!

My cat (he's 5) apparently got in a scuffle with the neighbors cat today and he is limping...is there any over the counter meds (human meds) I can give him to help him if he is in pain? That are NOT dangerous at all. It's not serious enough to take him to the emergency vet so, I was just wondering about to help him through the night until tomorrow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pets

• Tylenol is toxic to cats so that is out. There is contreversy on what is and isn't safe for pets in general. Dogs and cats are different in many ways in that regard. Dogs can have Tylenol but not motrin. I'm not sure if cats can have motrin since they cannot have Tylenol. I suggest doing some google homework on this.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• id call a vet ;o)
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• http://www.vet4petz.com/alternative/otc_meds.htm

found that for ya
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• NO! I'm a licenced vet nurse. You need to take the cat to your vet ASAP. WHy is the cat limping? Maybe a fracture? Medication won't fix THAT!
    Bobbysmommy324

Answer by Bobbysmommy324 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Honestly, I wouldn't give my pet anything otc especially if it isn't even for dogs specifically! Take him to a vet!!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 27, 2008