• In the Spotlight:

flying with baby

any tips or advice to give for flying with a 4.5 month old girl. Its a 4 hour flight and I want to make it at smooth as possible

falanlee

Asked by falanlee at 9:56 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try and time her feedings so she can have a bottle during take off and landing. My son (who was almost 4 months when we flew) did fine and actually fell asleep. Even when he was awake he did really well I just tried my best to keep him entertained. We also brought a portable DVD player and that kept him occupied for a good 20 mins. lol. The only time he really got cranky was waiting to get off the plane after we landed and everyone was standing up and it was hot and crowded!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I flew with my DD when she was just about 6 months, like said above try and time feedings for take off and landing. Also, i bought the ready made formula bottles for the trip then all you have to bring is the nipple and ring, you dont have to worry about losing bottles or washing them. My DD did very well on the plane, if the feeding doesnt time out then have them suck on a nuk or maybe some H2O
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 10:53 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I flew with my son when he was about 5 mths old, i gave him a bottle at take off and landing to help his ears pop. The Baby Einstein Dvds are great for plane rides...he loved it. I was surprised how well he slept. The sound of the plane soothed him right to sleep. Just be careful of other passengers wanting to touch baby, lots of germs, you never know where their hands have been. I had a lady i sat next to that wanted to tell me how to raise my kid and why i Should NOT immunize him. It was ridiculous. don't let anything like that bother you though. Not everyone will feel the same way as you. Hope this helps and good luck on the trip!!
    boriqua_mami_08

Answer by boriqua_mami_08 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2008