electronic die cutters

Getting ready to buy one and would just like some info/reccomendations.. the good the bad and anything else. Kinda like the idea of one that hooks to the computer but I wonder about how the software is . Thanks

mosarmywife

Asked by mosarmywife at 10:12 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My husband bought me the Cricut machine for my birthday in March and I love it. I have found it very useful. I believe that mine is one of the ones that can be hooked up to a computer, but I am not sure. They have tons of different components that go with it, and there is even a "docking station" so that you can use multiple features easily.
    Good luck!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I just got a Cricut machine for Christmas! I LOVE it! I have been making tons of stuff for the last 2 days LOL my kitchen table is covered in paper scraps! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I have a manual easy to carry die cut machine from Stampin UP and it is great. I can carry it anywhere and not worry about having the electrical problems because it is manual. Check out our Big Shot machine at www.craftycreations.stampinup.net. You can cut just about anything with this machine.
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 7:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I have a Cricut and it can work either attached to the computer or as a stand alone. If you buy it, check out the Sure Cuts A Lot program available for download online. It is supposed to be good. The company that makes Cricut seems to come out with new stuff all the time. I just saw that they are making a deep blade housing and with it you can make your own stamps. I am really interested in this.
    lauraslefthook

Answer by lauraslefthook at 8:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I have a Cricut, I've had it for a year and I love it. Can't remember how I scrapped without it. The cartridges are a little spendy, but Michaels & Joanns have the on sale from time to time, and you can get them cheap from online stores and ebay. It does hook up to the PC, but I haven't bought the program for it. Cricut's software allows you to play with all images from all of their cartridges but you can only cut from the ones you own, the Sure Cuts A Lot program doesn't cut from the cartridges, it just allows you to cut the fonts on your PC. It also voids the one year warranty that comes with the machine(so wait until you've had it a year before you get it just so if something happens, you can get it repaired by Cricut).
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 4:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2009