Someone..Anyone..

So..I've been married 15 months and I am at a point where I am no longer happy. Is this normal, and how do I fix it? Please Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• what is it that is making you unhappy?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• OP: WELL..I CAN'T EXACTLY PUT MY FINGER ON IT..BUT THAT "SPARK" IS GONE AND THAT TRUE HAPPINESS IS GONE..I'M SAD ALOT..COUNSELING ISN'T REALLY HELPING..I GUESS MY QUESTION IS, HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN IT NEEDS TO END?
    Anonymous

• You are going to have to be more elaborate to get help. We need to know why you are not happy... is the sex bad, are you bored with him in general, do you feel he does not pay enough attention to you, what is it that is making you unhappy? How long were you together before getting married? Did you live together or have you only been living together during this 15 months?
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• well is he doing something to make you unhappy or is this just something that you are feeling for no apparent reason? i mean you married him for a reason right? maybe a counselor isn't the answer maybe you should make an appointment with your doc. maybe you are in depression and they can perscribe something for it if it is him maybe you should sit down and talk to him before you make any harsh decisions.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• OP: EXAMPLE..WHEN HE GOES TO TOUCH ME..I JUST WANT HIM TO STOP..ITS LIKE I DON'T WANT HIM TOUCHING OR HUGGING ME. WE WERE TOGETHER 6 MONTHS BEFORE MARRIAGE AND DID NOT LIVE TOGETHER.
    Anonymous

• six months isn't a very long time. and yes it is possible to fall out of love just as fast as you fall in it. but it is you that has to decide if it is you or if it is truely him.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• Sorry girlfriend, that sucks. . A long long time ago (before I was married) I would sometimes get that feeling about a boyfriend. As in, I still like you, but I don't wanna touch you. That always meant it was time to move on.
    whirlygirl

Answer by whirlygirl at 10:33 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• You need to stick it out! If it is not a matter of him mistreating you or anything like that, do not give up on your marriage! The problem is, you, like all of us, bought into the "fairy tale" image of marriage! The truth is, marriage is hard work and you will not always feel that head over heels infatuation that you have at first! BUT, if you hang in there, and decide to love him whether you feel like you are "in love" with him or not, you will end up with a much more mature, meaningful, deeper love than you ever imagined! DON'T GIVE UP! The grass WILL NOT be greener on the other side of marriage!
    Anonymous

• well anon 10:39 if she does not love the guy why should she stay with him,pretend like she does and be miserable for the rest of her life. growing to love someone does not mean you will be happy doing it. OP ;you have alot of soul searching to do.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• My response is do you have any past issues with abuse?
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 10:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2008