can you get back contractions insted of getting them on your tummy?

and dose the baby have to be in the birthing canal in order to have contractions?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes, you can feel the contractions in your back, but, it usually generates tight over your mid stomach and works it's way down. no, your baby can be high up in -3 station and still have contractions.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• my cirvex is closed and iv been getting contractions like crazy
    i had to get a shot to make them stop
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• same thing happened to me bubbles, i had contractions 2 minutes apart when i was 33 weeks pregnant with my first (caused by stress) and got a shot and was put on bed rest with blood pressure medication (supposedly suppressed the contractions). i later had to get a shot to start my labor at 40.5 weeks pregnant.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I HAD BACK LABOR WITH BOTH MY KIDS AND NVR HAD CONTRACTIONS IN MY STOMACH ITS DUE TO HOW THE BABY IS FACING
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• yeah i had back labor....i did feel tight in my tummy sometimes!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:36 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I had mostly back contractions with my first two. But when the real thing they will work it way around to the stomach. I do remember that my hips hurt the worse though.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• It IS possible to have back contractions and not feel any frontal contractions. Call L&D and ask them.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:55 AM on Dec. 26, 2008