I have a 6 month old.. whats the best way to get rid of constipation??

Bad constipation

CrystalM53207

Asked by CrystalM53207 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try two or three ounces of water with a dollop of dark karo syrup or you can try prune juice i would use like an ounce of prune juice and add water to it.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• when my son at about 4mon had that problem the dr. told us to give him a baby fleet thing i cant spell the word but only to give him 1/2 before i got it in god he went. hope it helps.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• ***good****
    Wyattsmom205

• wyattsmom you are talking about an enema and i would not do that unless i talked to my doctor first.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• my daughter had that problem try changing the milk they drink and if that dont work you can use the things mentioned b4 when she was a baby she did good with similac with iron but not with similac advanced with iron . hope it works
    simsim0425

Answer by simsim0425 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• No Karo, please. It's a botulism risk and corn syrup doesn't do anything for constipation.

Have you started solids? Step one is to back off them and increase liquids. More formula is this is a formula baby, more breastmilk (which is a natural laxative) if breastfed. Solids follow the formula or breastmilk.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:47 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Our pediatrician told us to give our 2 month old daughter half an ounce of water mixed with half an ouce of apple juice once a day, and to keep giving it to her even after the constipation went away to keep her regular. She said prune juice with half an ounce of water was fine too, but our baby didn't like the taste of the prune juice.
    JATomlinson

Answer by JATomlinson at 12:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I would put some petroleum jelly on a baby thermometer and stick up the bottom. It has always worked for my baby. Careful though, it can come out fast sometimes.
    CashJulianMommy

Answer by CashJulianMommy at 1:25 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• What are the symptoms? Do you remember when the last BM was? Can you remember the consistency of it? What is the baby's diet?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Poor baby, if he's on solids I would institute a prune a week, as in pureed prune baby food once a week...don't stick things in his bum, you really don't need to do anything like that. Yikes I wouldn't do any enema's or thermometer's or anything like that. just relax and he will too...
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2008