• In the Spotlight:

talapia fillet! dangerous?!

Hi everyone my s/o is making fish talipia fillets for dinner tonight and I was wondering if it's dangerous while pregnant like with the mercury and stuff. Please if anyone knows please let me know thank you.

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 10:56 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You can eat fish, but you have to watch how much you eat. Personally, my dr told me twice a week max.
    Anonymous

• tilapia has no dangerous levels of mercury. you would want to watch for certain types of fish that have high mercury levels such as tuna or shark. but remember that its also a cultural thing. Pregnant japanese women have traditionally eaten lots and lots of sushi with seemingly no ill effects.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 12:38 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• twice a week max isnt a real answer. you can eat some fish with high mercury for your first serving that week then eat your 2nd and last serving for that week with even MORE mercury in it.

depends on the type of fish you have. but you can eat talapia... Mmm its so good. :)
    i also eat sushi
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:34 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Eat and enjoy your tilapia dammit! LOL. I ate it many many many times throughout my entire pregnancy and I'm perfectly fine. It's one of the safest fish out there for pregnant women, plus it's incredibly healthy and good for you and your baby :o]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i ate it alot when i was pregnant too and just talking about it makes me hungry. but it can't rly harm u.. as the other ladies said, it doesn't have a high percentage of mercury in it
    1_Teen_Mom

Answer by 1_Teen_Mom at 7:57 AM on Dec. 26, 2008