Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have a question

my problem is right now my daughter has kaiser and medical and in about two months she wont have kaiser and the plase were we get the pump and supplys dosen't take stright medical so i was woundering if any one of you knew were i could buy a pump and supplys at a low price i dont have alot of money and that is one of the reasons she wont have kaiser any more it just got way to expensive i just need a little hael till i can get her insurance fixed if any of you know were i can get the supplys and pump for a low price please let me know thank you

Answer Question

Asked by gtubemom at 11:06 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Kids' Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I had to use a manual pump. It was an Avent brand pump. I actually preferred it over the electric pump. You can get it from Walmart for around $20.

    Answer by micrespo at 11:13 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

  • You mean a breast pump? You can get a good one on eBay if you need a double electric. Though your profile says SAHM...unless you're haivng trouble getting baby on the breast, then you don't need a pump.

    If you're pumping exclusively, then a double electric like a Medela Pump In Style or Ameda Purely Yours will be needed. Look up Lactation Consultants in your phone book...most rent pumps if you can't afford to buy.

    Answer by gdiamante at 12:41 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

  • If she has the insurance for 2 more months, get the pump now. I'm not sure why you're waiting until later to get it? I'm with the others in thinking you're writing about a breast pump? Although, I don't remember our insurance covering "supplies" (bags for freezing?) anyway.

    What about your local WIC office? They have some they lend and/or give out. (usually)

    Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:40 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

  • Some people are into buying them used?? Maybe you have a good friend that could sell you one or loan it to you?

    Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

  • Do you mean a feeding pump? If so, call around to different home healthcare companies & ask if they will take your state insurance, or you could call your caseworker & ask for a list of home healthcare companies that are providers for your state's MA program. If you do end up having to purchase a pump and all of your supplies yourself, check out ebay, as they are often for sale on there. Another place to look is by networking with other parents of g-tube kids, b/c they often swap or sell supplies as they end up with extras or their children change button sizes, pumps or have their g-tubes removed. You can network through groups for special needs kids or through local support groups (check w/your child's doctors).

    Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.