My 16month old never kisses me or my husband but kisses & hugs his stuffed animals? When we ask him he just runs any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my DD is like this also...so DH and I started putting food in our mouth lol, well not IN our mouth but we would hold it with our lips and that is the only way for us to get kisses unless she is sick lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:42 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• yeah, i think maybe that's just this age. my lil boy is the same age and is doing the same exact thing. i just wondered today wth? all these kisses for his fav toys and none for momma... :()( poor ol momma...i out in the cold already!
    Ms.JiggityJones

Answer by Ms.JiggityJones at 12:15 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Just be patient. And hug and kiss his stuffies too!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• It is a phase that kids go through I would not get upset by it, it is nothing personal. My son is 3 and will not give his father and I kisses yet has no problem giving the dogs kisses, go figure...lol
    jordanmarie2000

Answer by jordanmarie2000 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• LoL, my little girl (20 mo.) won't give us kisses unless we kiss each other (my husband and I) We'll tease her with it and then she wants kisses too. Sometimes it works. She used to give kisses freely, but she's stinchie now.
    AmandaDupuis

Answer by AmandaDupuis at 2:30 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Has it become a game? We had a similar problem but then I realized that it was a game to DD to get her to kiss me. When she wouldn't I would chase her to get one. She would run laughing. Just a thought.
    Sara
    sjd314

Answer by sjd314 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• that is really odd not to be negative but ive studied autism alot and lack of affection is a sign. or for some reason hes just not confortable.
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 4:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2008