Should I be concerned if my 6 mo old WAS starting to babble last month but now doesn't say too much?

Last month she started in on the "Neh neh neh neh" and "Lee lee lee lee" and I thought I heard a "mama" and a "dada" in there. Usually she did this only when she cried. I haven't heard her practicing these sounds in the last week or more... should I be concerned?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep an eye on it. She has a 9 month checkup. Bring it up then if there's no change

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• It never hurts to call your doctor's office to get some peace of mind before your next visit.
    Jansan24

Answer by Jansan24 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• As long as she has not fallen. Then no Harmony did this and my doctor advise me that she was listening and learning so I let her listen to us talk now she babble all day long unless she is sick.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• I don't think I would be yet..... I have an almost 12 mo old and he only babbles with the little ones at his sitters. I've heard mama twice, dada once, and baba once (brother) and then it just stopped.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• Oliver is 10 months now and doing the same thing. Haven't heard him say dada in awhile. Maybe he is just listening to us and learning. I might call my doc.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 5:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2011