new born clothes

so am 31 weeks and all i have is new born clothes i have like 2 3-6 month out fits i was wondering how long ur little ones were in new born and if i should start shopping for bigger clothes

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i wouls start shopping for bigger clothes. my daughter stayed in newborn clothes for about 2 months. and same with every other size!! They grow Sooo quick!!
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 11:33 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• lol..shhh

i have all 3-6 months..i have like 2 -0-3's lol im due monday!!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:36 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• depends how big your baby will be too. i would say buy one or two preemie outfits (your baby doesn't have to be premature to fit in it), but definitely get 0-3 months, at least 6...and a few bigger sizes. did you already have your baby shower? i'm sure you'll get lots of clothes then too.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I bought a ton of new born for my DD...and sorry but they are a waste of money. Not for everyone, but most people have at least 6-8 pound babies and they grow out of new born clothes so fast. My DD only wore newborn for two weeks, she was 7.5 lbs at birth. So my next baby I am not buying any newborn outfits. Unless your baby is going to be very small, there is not point...sorry.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:49 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• i did not buy any of the outfits they were all christmas presents
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• My guy was born a week early, a big boy and only was in the newborn for maybe a month. Some newborns wouldn't fit him at all. Different brands fit differently. I had one newborn outfit he wore until he was about 6 months old and all the other clothing he was in at the time was 6-9 months. It drives me insane when clothes are so far off in size :-D!
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:52 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• My baby wore newborn clothes for about a week!! He is a very big boy. But don't rush out to shop just yet. If this is your fist baby, you can count on people showing up with all kinds of gifts when the baby is born. There will probably be quite a few outfits in there. See what you get and fill in what you don't get later.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:58 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I didn't find out what I was having ahead of time, so I didn't have a lot of clothes when my son was born. People gave us a lot of outfits when he was born, though, and I started checking out stuff when he was with me, as I found that to be more fun.

As for size, my son was over nine pounds and 23 inches long and still was able to wear the little newborn (up to 7 pound) outfits I had for a couple weeks. He just turned four months, and still wears a few outfits in the 0-3 month range (and he's still very big for his age!). It all depends on the manufacturer and how your baby is proportioned, really.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My daughter was out of newborn in about two weeks (7.2 at birth) and wore 0-3 for 3-4 months, so I would get more of those.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:28 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• shoot braxtan is only 7 1/2 months old and in 12 month clothes already. he didnt stay in the 0-3 for every long, but he was 8 lbs 9 oz when he was born, so it does depend on how big the baby is when born
    workin_mamma

Answer by workin_mamma at 9:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2008