Hard to wake teen

School starts monday and I have three kids that will have to get up at 6 and be ready for the bus by 7:15. My sweet daughter is just like me and enjoys every z she can catch and for some reason mornings are just really tough for her to wake up. Other than making sure she gets to bed at a decent time and setting her an alarm are their vitamins that can help her to stop feeling so tired? Maybe something that her body is lacking in that a vitamin can't give her? Just throwing ideas out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I think lazy mornings is just a teen thing. She is probably not lacking vitamins or anything, I don't know any teens that are up, ready and wide awake for school lol. : ) GOod luck mama!
    WeLuvOurNUGGET

Answer by WeLuvOurNUGGET at 12:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• Bucket. Of. Water. lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 12:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• It may be a control issue
    Let her be late,she'll suffer the consequences

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• I don't know that it is necessarily lazy. Studies have shown that teenagers are on their game late morning to evening. I forget where I read that, but it was in one of my books for child psychology when I was in college. If schools were designed around this schedule they would do better. I know that doesn't necessarily help with your issue, LOL, but it might help you understand a bit more! Best of luck! I'm a sleeper as well, I feel for her!
    BabyHoney

Answer by BabyHoney at 12:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• my 16y/o sister lives with me & when she sleeps its like she is in a coma lol i am thinking long & hard about taking some marbles & freezing them,& then when its time for school just throw then in her bed that way if she trys to move from them they keep rolling under her puha that will wake her..as for u idk maybe let her miss or be late & if she does punish her from something she enjoys until she gets up
    Chelhaidax

Answer by Chelhaidax at 12:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• No way you would do that to your child?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• My boys aren't hard to wake just my sleepy head daughter.
    Anonymous

• not a bad idea butterfly,but what if it isn't a control issue?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• It's one of those tough love kinda things. I had a brother that was "hard to wake" so much so that he was hours late to school. If it turned into being late, I would most definitely use a spray bottle or a cup of water. My parents did the bucket of water to my brother, and he was never late again!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 12:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• She has a point with the 'let her be late and suffer the consequences'. If it's too much of a hassle for her to keep sleeping, she may make more of an effort. At this point she knows that you're going to make her get up and on her way.
    BabyHoney

Answer by BabyHoney at 12:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2011