hes one!!!!

my son is one. he DOES NOT sleep threw the night!! he will get up everynight at least once but sometimes up to 3 times!!! i make him a bottle and lay him back down but i want to know what i can do to get him to sleep completely threw the night!!!

also i would like to know what i should do about him peeing threw his diaper!! it doesnt matter if its a clean diaper and only take a 2 hour nap!!! he ALWAYS pees threw his diaper.... also i have noticed if he sits with something between his legs (even a strap from a highchair or bar from the grocery cart) he pees threw!! i had to stop putting him in his walker toy cause he would pee soo much!!

any advice would be AWESOME!!!! please i need sleep!!! and i need help with this!!!

wisteriastars

Asked by wisteriastars at 11:37 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For the waking up... I had the same problem. I finally came to the realization that I was causing it. My baby didn't need the food, she was just used to waking up and getting it. To start with, I switched her to water only. She didn't like it but I stuck to my guns. Two nights later, she was down to just one wake up. Then I started letting her cry for a few minutes before I went in. I watched the clock, determined to not go in for 5 mintues. She was fast asleep in under 3. It was the longest three minutes... if I hadn't looked at a clock, I'd have sworn it was 10. Finally, at 14 months, I decided to let her cry. It only took 2 nights of less than 10 minutes of crying. The amazing thing was the positive change in her daytime behavior. She became a happy, playful child almost overnight. Wow! I really wish I'd done it sooner.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• About the peeing throught I have no idea lol.
    But as for the sleeping...you have to stop getting him a bottle. It is a really bad habit that will continue the rest of his life. He has also learned that he can wake up whenever and you will get it so he is going to. It take a anywhere from 3-15 days using this method for him to sleep though the night. He will not starve with out a bottle at night...plus it is bad for his teeth. Just let him cry...it will be hard but stick with it.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• If he was peeing thorugh a diaper in a night, I'd tell you to try overnight diapers, diaper doublers, or put a cloth diaper over his regular diaper. Since he pees through a diaper in just a couple hour nap, go see your doctor. He may just have active kidneys but that is a LOT of pee.

cont...
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• For the peeing, get the next size diaper, that should help...
    blackwellqk

Answer by blackwellqk at 4:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Kaycee 14 is right about waking through the night.
    And what type of diapers do you use? you might need the next size up but it could also be the type of diaper. My son pees through anything thats not a pamper. even huggies! every single time!
    tinykelsie

Answer by tinykelsie at 1:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2008