So you want to hold my baby?

How do you tell someone that no, they cannot hold your baby, without being completely rude?...because heck, there ARE people who ask to hold my daughter and I really don't want them to.

sophiafarris

Asked by sophiafarris at 11:50 PM on Dec. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can say something like"sorry but her doc says tht because of her immune system I am not allowed to let people hold her outside of those she lives with." That way they can't take it personal and if they do then they don't deserve to touch her anyways.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:21 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I made excuses like im going to feed her (I breast fed so no one else could lol), or I would say she is sick, she doesn't like strangers, and if they smoke I would flat out say No I dont want you to touch my daughter, even to my mom...unless she washed her hair/hands and fully changed clothes lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:53 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I tell people they need to wash their hands because I hate germs. Most people don't want to take the effort to wash their hands, so they don't get to hold baby. It's worked for me so far :-D.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:54 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• I had a friend holding my baby and she passed him to the waitress at the diner without asking!! I don't approve of strangers holding my baby. I was scared and annoyed but I stupidly just sat there and said nothing.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:04 AM on Dec. 26, 2008