screaming baby

I have a 9 month old and she screams she screams when she is happy sad or wants something how do I get her to stop it is driving everyone crazy.

key_bailey

Asked by key_bailey at 12:04 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to ignore her when she screams, when she asks for something quiety or gestures quietly then give her tons of attention. She is running the show and u need to stop it now or she will not stop-been there. lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:07 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• IGNORE HER?!?!??! That is the most cold thing I've ever heard. How dare somebody suggest you IGNORE a NINE month old baby. Have you taken her temp? Is she teething? Maybe she just needs some love. DO NOT ignore her. Babies, especially under a year old, require a lot of love. I bet the PP has attention deprived children. Ignore her? That is horrible!!! Run down the list, try to figure out what is the matter. Do not ignore her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• ----> PP....Wow, I still cannot believe that anybody would suggest to IGNORE a BABY. We're talking about a BABY. It's scary to think about the people who have children. Do NOT....IGNORE her....Babies need to feel LOVED.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Anon---did it ever occur to you that maybe these mothers have already went down the list? That her daughter is only screaming for attention and nothing more. Believe or not, a nine month old is capable of learning cause and effect. I scream, mama comes . . . even if there is nothing wrong. I certainly am not saying you should ignore your child all the time, but if there is nothing wrong and she is just screaming because she feels like it and wants mama to come and tend to her . . . well sometimes things just need to be nipped in the bud.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:29 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• cont.>> I mean really, do you think someone who cares enough to join a mothers' website, read and post regularly, would purposely neglect her child???? Yeah, I'm sure it's possible, but for crying out loud . . . give us the benefit of the doubt. You think you're so perfect . . . well you're not!! While you were busy here reading and leaving messages . . . you were neglecting your child/ren and not paying attention to them . . . HAH . . . how do you like it . . . . pathetic.
    BridgetC140