I went to L&D, and feel they are wrong?!

I began feeling very uncomfy last night, slept like 3 hours in a row tops. Wasn't sure why. Then today I got really grouchy and the BH or whatever started. They were felt VERY strong in the upper portion of my belly, but as the day wore on they started in my back, went up and my tummy tightened. THEY ALMOST MADE ME CRY! I was at my inlaws and found they were unbearable. I am HR for PReterm Del...So I get to the hospital, and they only monitor me for tops 10 min, then do a pelvic, and say my contractions aren't changing anything, and the only reason I am effaced at all is because this is my fourth baby. I am 1-2cm. So they sent me packing. Boy I felt stupid, but still contracted. I am having them every 10 at least and some hurt really bad. My tummy is tender during the contrax as well. She moves a lot after. Should I wait this out? If tomorrow things aren't better I am going in!

Unbroken_Amanda

Asked by Unbroken_Amanda at 12:06 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would call your doc. Or go to the ER and tell them how much pain you are in they may be willing to do something more. I would also make a complaint against the LD nurse who treated you this way. I had to go in a few days ago because I wasn't sure if I was having contractions or not. (Little David was kicking around so much he was hitting nerves that were sending contraction like pains EVERYWHERE.) They hooked me up and monitored me for an hour, they also checked for amniotic fluid and looked to see if my cervix had changed. Maybe when you went in they were super busy or something and you got the raw end of the deal. I would definately call your doc and go in again. The nurses don't make the decisions the doctors do (whether it's yours or the one on call).
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:38 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Call your personal doc and tell him what happened then go back to hospital. The fact that they are regular is a concern. If they try to send you home again tell them to call your doc..If it were me and they said "deal w/it" I would be threatening to sue the crap outta everyone that looked at me. You do not have to live in pain, worrying about your baby especially if u r HR(I am too).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:11 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Its bs how the L&D treats us..

I know...i have to go monday for a c-s and i already got into it with one of the nurses, i told her if she didnt like her job to quit,...

i would go in....
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 12:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• my l&d is really good about helping me when ever i have contractions (im only 31 weeks and my cirvex is still closed) they monitor them and if they are close tehy keep me alittle longer and them most the time they gave me a shot if u dont trust them the ncall ur doc and see wut he says
    my dac also works like right acrost a sky walk from the l&d so they know his patients really good (most of the nurses do the ultra sounds)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• if nothing is changing, they arent going to keep you there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• IMO they should monitor your for atleast 5-7 hours if you are having consistant contraction..............If they are just BH they should stil lmonitor you for 3-5 hours!
    TreysMommy0717

Answer by TreysMommy0717 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• How far along are you? If you are full term then there is no need to be monitored if you are only 2cm. If you arent' full term call your dr ASAP, they should've monitored you for at least 1 hour to see if they were regular contractions and to stop them. Next time you go in tell them to call your dr!
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2008