Actually jealous over friends gift

Im embarassed to even admit this but I saw my really good friend got a cricut expression for Christmast. I am really happy that she got one because it will help her so much with her business she is getting started & I know it will really help her out. I have wanted 1 of these Cricut Expression machines for the last 3 months like crazy tried to drop major hints to hubby but he didnt get it at all. When I saw my friend got one of these, on her update thingy, I had to keep myself from bursting into tears. (Im 6 months pregnant, that might have had something to do with my overreaction). It seemed like a reminder of the crappy things I get from my family ever since I was a kid. I know they put thought into it each time but it was never anything I truely Wanted.
Anyone else ever deal with being stupidly jealous over something a friend got but was happy for them to get it? How do you get over the embarassement of being jealous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Holidays

• I agree with the first two answers....if you aren't gifted with what you want then get it yourself when you are able to afford it. After Christmas sales are the best time.

I was also thinking that your DH may have gone to look for one....saw all the different Cricuts.....couln't remember the exact one you wanted....and thought it best not to get one at all in case he chose the wrong one. I do that all the time when my hubby drops hints on tools or something and I have not clue when faced with a bunch of different ones.

It's a lot more fun to shop for something like that yourself anyway so you can read the box, choose it yourself, and then have hubby pull out his wallet while you carry your new gift to the car. It doesn't get more exciting than that!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:09 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I know how you feel. If I don't get what I wanted though however I will just go out and get it for myself. I love to spoil myself and I would get a cricut for myself if 3 of my sisters didnt have it already...so I just feel like I can go and use theirs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• DH understood how I felt and told me to go out tomorrow and try to find one on Day after christmas sale..but then I feel guilty becasue we have debt and a baby on the way and I logically can say and think those two things deserve the 300+ dollars rather than my selfishness and want. But then I think DH asks for things and he gets them withought ever thinking oh what about our bills or baby to be...ugh hate thinking logically
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• You know you might be right. He probably looked online and had no idea what he was looking at cause this morning i got online with him (he's overseas) and he said he wanted me to order it. He just didnt know what we could afford since I am the one who takes care of the finances and budget. He said as long as it is within our budget (and it is) I could order/buy one, just to try and shop around a little and get a decent deal.

Im still embarrased that at the age of 26 I actually become jealous over something like this, expecially when i was so happy for my friend at the same time
    Anonymous