Passport issues

My parent's are traveling to mexico on friday and they want to take my 5 year old daughter with them... i've heard a lot of commotion about passaports and such but my daughter don't have one... so can her father and i get a notarized letter giving permission for my daughter to travel... is that good enough or is she stuck here at home with the rest of us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Travel

• I don't think that law is in effect until 2009, that it is necessary to have a passport. But you may want to make calls ahead of time otherwise they may end up having to turn around and go home and that would stink. I'm sure that if they require a passport a notarized paper will not work. It's not an id.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• It's up to you but I don't think I'd let her go without me.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I am pretty sure she needs a passport now weather she goes with you or someone else
    TheEyesDesire

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 12:46 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• are you sure you want her to go listen to the news sometime.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Until June 2009, the a certified copy of the birth certificate and a photo ID are all that is required. I would go to the Bureau of Motor vehicles and request a photo ID for your daughter so there are no problems. In addition, as you said, your parents will need a notarized letter signed by both parents in order to take your daughter out of the country.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2008