Positive pregnancy test after 5 days of having sex.

is this even possible or must you have been pregnant already, for a digital pregnancy test to come up Positive.

Purpleloverof3

Asked by Purpleloverof3 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 5 days after sex it's not even implanted yet.... so it would be pregnant from a previous sex session
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• Already pregnant...not from the five days prior session
    RoyaLioness

Answer by RoyaLioness at 3:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• Already
    Isiswolfe

Answer by Isiswolfe at 3:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• I would not think it would work that fast... when my husband and I were trying to conceive, I took a pregnancy test everyday right after the day we had sex, and I got an extremely faint positive by about the third to fourth week of testing.
    kailykason0911

Answer by kailykason0911 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• I agree. the soonest you should get a positive urine test is around 3-4 weeks.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• Excuse my frustration every time I see a question like this and people answer that it isn't possible, implantation takes 6-12 days. WELL, I was stationed apart from my husband while we were in the Air Force. We planned for a child, and we did the deed 1 time, on Oct 14th, 2001. We had limited time and figured it was a shot in the dark. I was young and unaware of how long you had to wait to take a test. I took a first response on Oct 19th, 2001 and it was positive! I got a blood test to confirm and my daughter is now 7. For people to assume every mans sperm swims at the same speed, that every woman's body works at the same pace, is rediculous. YES YOU CAN FIND OUT YOU ARE PREG 5 DAYS AFTER intercourse. Please don't not accuse people of being "already" pregant, lol. I only did the did 1 day. So ladies, please don't give up hope. :-) THanks.
    KristenMeghan

Answer by KristenMeghan at 7:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• Also, I would like to add that technically finding out I was pregnant 5 days post intercourse which was also 5 days post ovulation. So, I got the postive HPT on day 21 of of my cycle which would be week 3 and would have been 7 days before a missed period. When you say 5 days post O, you think no way, but when you hear 6-7 days before a missed period it is somehow believable, but the SAME THING. :-)
    KristenMeghan

Answer by KristenMeghan at 7:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2011