WHAT CAN I TAKE?

I HAVE A COLD AND I FEEL REALLY BAD AND I'M 6 MONTHS PREGNANT BUT I WANT TO KNOW IS THERE ANY WAY I COULD GET RID OF THIS WITH OUT HARMING MY BABY?? MEDICINE??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-take-cold-medications-during-pregnancy_2299.bc

The antihistamines chlorpheniramine, loratadine, doxylamine, brompheniramine, phenindamine, pheniramine, triprolidine, and diphenhydramine are considered low risk during pregnancy, but they can make you sleepy, especially doxylamine and diphenhydramine/

If you go to the website address...there is much information on the right meds to use!

Hope ya feel better real soon!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• THANKS I HOPE I DO SOON
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Pick your favorite tea and add honey and lemon to it. It may taste a little weird if you are using something like peppermint. I would suggest either regular lipton hot tea or maybe chamomile.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:40 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• yeah i drank tea alot when i was pregnant if i had a cold or something

but also 2, i'm not sure about the other mommies but i had a (wat my mom and doctor called it) a "pregnancy cold" it wasn't a bug or a common cold, it was a cold litterly brought on from my pregnancy. my DD wanted me to have a cold so i guess she gave me a cold and i was around the 4..maybe 5 month mark when i had gotten it.
    1_Teen_Mom

Answer by 1_Teen_Mom at 7:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Tylenol cold Nighttime! If you're paranoid about it talk to your doctor. But all the stuff in it is actually okay to take. no joke. I took it during my last pregnancy and I used it with this one when I was sick twice.
    c_juanita

Answer by c_juanita at 12:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• You know the Blue liquid stuff, now comes in Honey warming flavor
    c_juanita

Answer by c_juanita at 12:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2008