I SMELL SMOKE

I AM 7 MONTHS AND EVERYONE AROUND ME SMOKES.. MY BROTHER AND AUNT SMOKES WEED EVERYDAY AND MY GRANDMOTHER SMOKES CIGS LIKES ITS GOING OUT OF STYLE I MEAN 6 PACKS A DAY IS NOT GOOD.... I TRY TO GO INTO ANOTHER ROOM IN A DIFFERENT PART OF THE HOUSE BUT I STILL COULD SMELL IT...I TRY TALKING TO THEM ABOUT IT AND ALL THE SAY IS "WELL YOU SHOULDN'T GOT PREGNANT BECAUSE I NEED MY WEED" AND MY GRAND MOTHER SAYS THATS ALL SHE GOT IN LIFE IS SMOKING ....I WONDER IF THIS WILL HARM MY BABY ?? I THINK SO

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes it can harm your baby since it is 2nd hand smoke. Thats inconsiderate of them to smoke around you.
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 2:48 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Yes, it can harm your baby, and you should really worry when the baby arrives. My husband and I were both smokers (been smoke free since May 22nd 2007, yay!) and from day one we smaked outside after the baby arrived. Nobody was allowed to smoke in the house or around the baby.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 2:53 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• not while its in you but once that baby comes out dont let smoke near it because it will hurt it my ex in laws would always try and smoke around my baby and called me a bitch when i would storm off telling them how inconsiderate thay are...dont worry untill it comes out though i smoked weed for the first four months and ciggs through the pregnancy and it dosent really hurt them but i wouldnt suggest it.
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 3:23 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• akashiasmyworld, you are an idiot.
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 8:26 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• "WELL YOU SHOULDN'T GOT PREGNANT BECAUSE I NEED MY WEED" --- If I had a dollar for every time I heard this.. I would be a really rich woman.

6 packs a day????   I agree with Jspy ^  YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• The ciggarette smoke can harm your baby. I wouldn't worry too much about the weed, as long as their not hotboxing you 24/7. You should move out of the house. Their's 3 against one and I don't think that their gonna stop for you. If you don't live with them then stay away from the house. If you have to stay at the house for whatever reason, then your SOL. This is your baby, you need to protect it, no one has to do anything for you. It's a part of life. Do you also plan on having the baby live in the house too?
    c_juanita

Answer by c_juanita at 12:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2008