IS SHE JEALOUS OR JUST CRAZY?

Well I am 8 months So everyone is so happy for me well that is everyone except my aunt. She is in her 40's and she has been trying to have a child for as long as i could remember but nothing seemed to work so when she found out I was pregnant I could imagine how she felt.She was so upset and I could tell by the way she stormed around the house saying mean things about me behind my back.Saying that I am young at first I thought she was just being the person she is until she told me that she think that she would make a better mom than me and if I wanted to give my baby up to her because she is more prepared.She has been really asking me that a lot and she even started making a nursery at her house and bought lots of baby things.I think she is crazy but we all have crazy relatives but I think she is over doing it.I don't want to hurt her feeling but I think my feelings are as much as important as hers....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Crazy.

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy.

Making at nursery at HER house for YOUR kid?

Welcome to crazytown, pop. 1.

You need to talk to your parents and make sure they know about the nuts-o behavior.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Um it sounds like she a tad on the crazy side. If I were you I would NEVER leave your baby (once here) alone with her. I honestly would be scared of her abducting your child. I can understand the side of her being sad/jealous/angry/etc. that you are pregnant but at the same time she needs to be an adult and realize that her pregnancy ship is not sailing and she should be Happy for you cause she knows how hard it can be to get pregnant. Seriously thought Id keep the kid away from her once she/he is here.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 2:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• she sounds crazy enough to kidnap your baby if you dont give it to her i so scared for you and your child keep your distance even though shes family and after you have the baby lock the windows and door at night this really sounds like a baby snatcher waiting to happen
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 3:18 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Yea that sounds kinda scary. For sure keep you baby close. I feel kinda bad for her but like renee said she needs to be an adult about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I agree she's crazy. However no one really knows how she feels. I mean here she is in her forty's and childless her time is basically up. Her only real option is to adopt. I would definitely watch her and be careful once your little one arrives. But more than likely once she see's what a good mom you are she'll back off a little and she might even wind up having a very special relationship with your little one.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:53 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Have you been VERY CLEAR with her that you want to keep your baby and you have no intention of giving it to her? If so then I would talk to the family about getting her into counseling, whether she wants it or not. Being around you while pregnant may have induced some kind of psychotic break in her tha could end with her taking./hurting you or your baby.

Again, if you are sure you have been very clear that her having your chils is NOT AN OPTION, you should stay as far away from her as possible and tell everyone in the family what is happening so that they can support you!!!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 4:39 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• NUTSO!!!! Keep yourself, and your child FAR, FAR, away from her!!! She is obviously not mentally stable- AT ALL!!!!!!!!
    AmyKristen8971

Answer by AmyKristen8971 at 4:58 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I think I'd restrict her from visiting you and the new baby when it arrives (CONGRATS btw)..She sounds like one of those women who kidnap newborns and try to pass them off as their own. Being pregnant, all your hormones and your emotions are on edge. It could be a little of that playing out in this, but your aunt sounds a bit 'off' to me by the way you describe her. Just distance yourself. No need to add unnecessary stress in your life right now. Not good for you and it surely isn't good for the baby! And if the snide comments irk you, hand them back to her! No reason for you to take that kind of treatment just because she has issues with your being pregnant and her NOT being. It's HER issue...let her own it. You just concentrate on making a healthy baby and let her deal with it the best way she can. The next time she says something about giving her the baby, ask "What? You think it's a PUPPY or something?" Good luck!!

SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 7:59 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Wow I would stay away and warn my family if I were you and if she keeps it up consider a restraining order. I know that might seem a little harsh but you have to protect yourself and your baby and if she seems emotionally unstable there's no telling what she'll do.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 8:10 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Yeah thats crazy. I think you should tell her that you have NO intention of giving her your baby and for her to stay away.

Not to scare you, but there have been cases of family members kidnapping kids cause they wanted them for themselves. I think you should tell people you know also.
    AlyssaH87

Answer by AlyssaH87 at 8:39 AM on Dec. 26, 2008