So what do you think...

Of Angel for a baby boy?

I know the Hispanic translation sounds more masculine Angelus but Angel was actually a male name before it was ever female...In Greek culture and Hispanic. I am not so sure about the name just curious. Thanks Ladies! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2011 in Baby Names

• SORRY BUT NO WAY !
    ELMO156

Answer by ELMO156 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• while It sounds like a nice name I would be worried about him being teased by kids. Unfortunately kids can be cruel. Its a dumb reason but one you may want to consider unfortunately.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 6:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• eh no...
    Alcnic29

Answer by Alcnic29 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• While I have heard of boys named that, I know way more women named it, and I would not pick a name that would be feminine for my son. That is just my opinion though,
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• Are you going to pronounce with the latin pronunciation or the american pronunciation. My father in law's name is Angel - pronounced Ahn-hel...which too me sounds better although I still wouldn't name either of my kids that. I might have considered it for a middle name. I like Angelo better for a boy.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• I'm not a fan for the name Angel for either sex. When I hear Angel, I do instantly think of the guy vampire from the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• i agree with syphon. i like angelo better
    ajmurphy

Answer by ajmurphy at 7:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• I like it.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 7:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• I think if you are hispanic and part of that culture it sound fine, but I if you're caucasian... that would just be a little strange for me.
    There was a male hispanic Angel in my class all through school, so it isn't strange to me or anything. And I like it better than Angelus.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2011

• I knew a guy named Angel but I would not name my kid that
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2011