Do the ASPCA commercials just rip your heart straight out of your chest?

Especially the first one with Sarah McGlaughlin where they show the dog with all the gauze wrapped around his chest? All the poor little animals without Mamas and Daddies to take care of them . . . it makes me so sad. For years, I donated only $18 a month, but it made me feel like I was making a difference. Well, I am a student now and my dd is only 5 months old, so I'm not in the position to donate anymore and I feel so guilty. Tonight, I saw a commercial with Noah Wyle from ER (John Carter) about Polar Bears and I just wanted to call the number and donate to help fight their extinction, but I just can't RIGHT NOW, but I will in the future. How many of you donate and how many would consider it? It's only $18 a month, as soon as I start working again, I will start donating again. I feel so bad for all the wild animals who suffer because we are overbuilding and stealing all of their land!!

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 5:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pets

• Yes they make me cry. I like watching the dog shows, but they have started using heartrending ads about the dogs that are bewildered because they used to be loved and now are in a pound. It makes me cry to even think about it. And those ads about abused animals. I turn them off immediately.

Answer by Bmat at 11:14 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My dh WILL NOT watch them!! He turns the channel every time they come on.. They are really sad, YES! I hate it, and feel bad YES!! But I can't feed & save all the animals in the world.. We have our own that we feed and take care of.. I HATE them commercials!!
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 10:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• yes they make me cry
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 2:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• There are other sites you can visit that donate if you click to help all kinds of animals. www.care2.com is a very involved group on all kinds of animals, also they need money too but if you click hey have sponsors that donate the $$ to help save or protect land, to help animals. Dogs,cats,chimps,lions,tigers,wet lands,rain forest etc. Ck it out ,that way you can help when you have a chance  to just click. The aspca does need our help but you can also help by spreading the word about spaying, neutering, and protection for all animals. I do fostering when I can to help. You can only do what you can do. So ck out on the web, for sites that sponcer these animal groups with a click of your mouse. My heart feels as yours and wish more people did too. So good luck, and take care.

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 9:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My son who is 3 will cry his eyes out whenever that commercial comes on. Animals have a way of tugging straight at your heart.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• yes, I can't watch. We were eating out last night and it came on....very sad. I volunteer and donate to our local animal shelter.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I can't donate. In the meantime, until I have money to donate, I comfort myself with the fact that I don't eat animals and only rescue from shelters, rather than buy from breeders.
    MomEveryDay

Answer by MomEveryDay at 2:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• you can always donate your time. Or old newspapers, towels, blankets, food, or depending on your line of work a service donation. Call a local shelter and just ask what they need. Some will ask for bleach others will ask for puppy chow, you never know.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2008