why does my hair look and feel greasy after i wash it

it started when i started using head and shoulders shampoo and i thought maybe i didnt rinse my hair well enough so the next time i i rinsed it well and when it dried it still looked like i hadent showered in days so then i stoped the head and shoulders thinking that was the cause and used my regular shampoo and conditioner and still my hair looks and feels like i havent showered in days and its so embarrasing because it looks like i have bad hygene and i dont know what the hells up any help why is this suddenly happening? and what can i do to make it go away?

akashaismyworld

Asked by akashaismyworld at 5:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• ok, try this and I hope it works. I am assuming that you are using H&S for dandruff. Well, for some reason that shampoo helps the dandruff but not clean looking hair. After you wash with H&S, use a different shampoo lightly on your hair and see what happens.It also depends on what shampoo you are using also. Try not to use conditioner and see what happens. I have very thin hair and if I use conditioner I would look dirty too(not saying you look dirty) Try it w/o at first. If it flies away, use mousse.I found suave helps alot wiitout conditioner. I hope this helps a little.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Did your water change, by any chance? We have very soft water, and I've found that when I wash my hair in hard water that it doesn't seem to get clean.

Answer by Bmat at 8:50 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Try using selsun blue it works a lot better than H&S and doesn't leave with the dirty look also when you condition only condition the ends not the scalp it will make it easy to brush without the dirty look.. Good luck this is what my hair dresser suggested and it worked wonders
    X-mansmommy870

Answer by X-mansmommy870 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• You may be getting the type for dry hair. In my house we have all hair types and that is important when selecting a shampoo/conditioner. If you have naturally curly hair like me and my middle DD, you will need a moisturizing shampoo/conditioner. If you have thick straight hair like my oldest DD, you will need normal shampoo/conditioner. If you have fine hair like my SO and my youngest, you will need the shampoo/conditioner for oily hair.
    Also, for dandruff or psoriasis there is a really easy (and free) way to treat it. Wash and rinse your hair really well with your regular shampoo/conditioner. Then do a final thorough rinse with the coldest water possible. This has worked awesome for me for years! Hope this helps!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Try using baby shampoo, like Johnson and Johnson. Cut back on conditioner. Also, be sure to try washing your hair every other day. Call me crazy if you like, but think about it. If you are drying your scalp out, then your body will create more grease to moisten it. Thus, you have greasy hair. Now, if you let your natural oils sit a day, then your body will be LESS likely to create so much grease. Try it for a couple days.... what have you got to lose?!
    4theLoveofLovey

Answer by 4theLoveofLovey at 2:18 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Could the difference be a metabolic change within the body? Have you noticed any other changes?Also you don't mention your age.Are you close to the change ?I am not trying to be rude when I mention your age but the body does change as we all age.Skin and hair differences from our younger years.
    Anonymous

• You may need to use a deep cleansing shampoo one or two days a week to clean shampoo and conditioner residue off your hair.
    Every weekend I wash my hair with TresEmme` Deep Cleansing Shampoo and the conditioner that goes with it. During the week I use the TresEmme` Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. My hair and scalp stays balanced this way.
    Another thing to consider is that a woman's body chemistry changes every 7-10 years making products that you are used to no longer work. Even perfumes will start to smell strangely.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:42 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• What ended up working for you? I'm having the same problem. As soon as I dry my hair after washing it looks dirty immediately.
    mollycakes

Answer by mollycakes at 1:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2013