At what age did you get your baby their first gift when they can actually realize that its a gift?

thecat3

Asked by thecat3 at 5:18 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My dd will be 4 in Feb and this was the first year she really understood christmas and the concept of him leaving gifts. It was great. I think around 3 is the first time they understand what a gift is and get excited. Maybe not understand what a gift is lol some adults dont understand that haha. But you know what I mean.

Answer by gemgem at 8:05 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I'd say about 3 they start realizing about gifts- that they are something extra and not just always part of their lives. They look forward to getting stuff that they can open. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:59 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I had one child in October and she got tons of presents! I just helped her open them. My second one was born is August and he had tons of presents for Christmas as well. I couldn't imagine not getting them presents just because they were little babies. They needed stuff before their 1st birthday and the christmas presents helped. Grandparents got them presents as well.
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 9:34 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My youngest is 2 1/2 and couldn't wait to open gifts this year. She was so excited but still waited patiently because we were having them open them all at the same time unless one of the other kids was opening their Santa gift then the others had to wait. And she waited and then would tear into hers. She just had a blast. Last year she was still a little confused as to the point of all of it and spent more time just staring at the unwrapped things or asking Daddy to open her toys up. I think this year she was into it. She already believes in Santa (I know because I got mad the other day and said something about Santa not coming or something and she got upset and started crying.)
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:35 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Oh my bad!! I re read the question!! LOL
    I think it was when they were 14 months and 16 months old!
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 9:38 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My DS is 3 and a half this year and has been soo much fun. He was sooo excited for Santa..and just loves all of his gifts. He was into singing Christmas carols with us and decorating the house and making cut out cookies...his excitement was the best present I got.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:10 AM on Dec. 26, 2008