When should my 5 almost 6 mounth old roll all the way over and sit up by herself?

My daughter dont roll all the way over or sit up on her own. Also she dont temp to really say anything. She does babbles and stuff but nothing close to words. I m not sure if she is behind or if it is normal!! Im i first time mom!!

MMSmomma0808

Asked by MMSmomma0808 at 6:07 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's way early for her to be speaking!!! Babbling and cooing, etc is good...but don't expect any words yet!!

Rolling and sitting...I don't think she's really behind yet. Give it some time and give her plenty of time to play on the floor...she'll get it figured out. Speak to your pediatrician when you take her in for her 6 month well-visit and get his feel for it.

My boys were all way ahead of the game. I know they rolled and sat earlier than most (3 months rolled both ways and sat alone at 4-5 months) and it's been long enough I'm not sure what "average" is any longer. I just don't remember.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:40 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Well my daughter just turned 6 months and has been sitting up unassisted for a week now and rolling over both ways since 3 months....my friend's baby didn't sit up until 7 months. Just encourage your baby and spend a lot of time on the floor or in a jumperoo...All babies learn at their own pace!!
    jaedynmoon

Answer by jaedynmoon at 7:30 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Babies vary widely in this respect. It has a lot to do with how much time they spend on the floor and how much stimulation they get. My dogs are the best incentive to get my little girl going...I don't know if she would have done certain things as soon without them around. Mine rolled one way at 4 1/2 mo. and rolled the other way at 5 mo. She was 6 mo. before she was using rolling as a mechanism for mobility. She also sat up steadily at around 6 mo. She is 8 mo. now and still doesn't get herself into the sitting position regularly (she has done it but doesn't do it all the time). She really doesn't even crawl yet....she army crawls but doesn't do the full on crawl yet. in fact, some babies skip crawling altogether. I had a friend whose kid went from army crawling to walking. As for talking...6 mo. is way early for that.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My daughter sat up when she turned 6 months old but it took her awhile to roll over. She would only go to one side at 6 months..
    jmom470

Answer by jmom470 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2008