I just found out that I am pregnant and I am looking for recommendations for cleaning products that are safe to use and do not have any citrus in them (I have 2 cats). Thank you!

Safe cleaning products

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Clorox green works products.
    All I use anymore.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 9:33 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I use white vinegar mixed with water to clean just about everything in my house (and no, your house won't stink like vinegar). Vinegar both disinfects & eliminates odors, as well as cutting through most yucky messes, including greasy ones. For grout & tile, I add a bit of baking soda to the mix & it works fine. I also have a steam cleaner that I use on every surface that is safe for steam. Steam kills mold, mildew & odors, as well as gets up yucky messes, especially in the bathroom and off the floors (hard surfaces). Steam also works well to freshen fabrics & remove odors. Best of all, it is all safe around both pets & children & is better for the environment.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:08 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• You will not be allowed to be near the litter box - someone else will have to clean that for you while you are pregnant.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:04 AM on Dec. 29, 2008