Plans for New Year's Eve?

What are you gonna do? I have no plans and it will probably stay that way. I hate asking some one to watch my children! We will more than likely sit at home and watch some T.V. until midnight and then take our 8 yr.old outside to watch fireworks. We live in the country so we get a free show every year!

pinkclover

Asked by pinkclover at 7:41 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• That happens to be my SIL's birthday...so we already have an excuse to be together. Befor we had youngsters we would ring in the New Year there. Now we have older kids as well as two tots so we are usually home by 10 at the latest. We tuck the wee ones in and then watch movies and hang out together stuffing our faces with left over Christmas fare. Good times! I am usually asleep well before midnight...I get a kiss from DH and then snuggle back down in the covies and sleep. Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:08 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• same here my big plans is making the black eyed peas for good luck in the new year theres not much you can do nw years with kids since most people celebrate by getting crazy drunk at wild parties
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 7:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I'll be working, I work 3rd shift at walmart so no new years plans for me!
    rockerqueen

Answer by rockerqueen at 7:48 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I go to bed at my regular time (9 pm) so I can wake up early, as usual.
    I never stay up till midnight because it will still be the new year when I wake up the next morning...LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• We may go downtown and go to the family new year event. Itll depend on the weather. They have a thing there with hot cocoa and a countdown for kids at 9. If it isnt freezing rain or snowing we will do that. Otherwise I think we will sit around the fireplace and watch cheesy movies.

Answer by gemgem at 7:59 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• We're going to have an early celebration with sparkling cider drinks and hats for the kids before they go to sleep and then we'll snuggle for a bit and be lucky to see 10 let alone midnight! LOL! We have a babysitter for that night if we want, but we would rather stay home than go spend money to sit in a smoke filled club. We've been deemed "boring"! LOL! I love it!
    bagjmama

Answer by bagjmama at 8:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I am hostin a dozen teens and preteens overnight and an open house from 2-4! Since we are cleaning the house and making food, we will get the most out of it. Thankfully, we have the weekend to recoupe and clean up!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:24 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• We got a nice suite at the Marriott and we are going to see one of our favorite bands play!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:30 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Every year, we have a New Year's Eve party at home, this way I know where I am when I have had too much. Plus. I love being the hostess and inviting all my friends and family. My children are now old enough to have fun and party with us.
    bobbi644

Answer by bobbi644 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Not sure yet. If we go anywhere, it will have to be kid friendly. My parents usually babysit, but not this year.... they are leaving for Florida early on the 1st, so they don't want the kids at their house. I can't blame them. DH might have to work, he'll find out for sure when he goes to work today. I'm probably going to invite a couple friends over and get a bottle of wine.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2008