How was your Christmas?

Was it everyone you expected? Were the kids happy? Or was there family drama? My kids and family were good this year and we had very little drama which made Christmas nice for me. The kids got almost everything they asked for, and they were happy and no one fought. That made my Christmas perfect. How about your Christmas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Holidays

• No drama. The family that we had over were here for fun and festivities. Everybody brought what they had said they would for the meal and then some. My mother was able to be here. The food I cooked all came out well, which is a first, and we had plenty to send home with everyone after the meal. Lots of laughing and reminiscing and good spirits. I felt a bit sad that neither of my children nor their families could be here, but that's the way it goes.

Answer by Bmat at 9:05 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Mine was wonderful! I am glad it is over and I can get this tree out of my living room, though. :D
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• For the most part it went well. I just dont like Christmas:( I think mostly because everyone makes it into something its not.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Lots of drama leading up to Christmas, but it was mostly settled by Tuesday. Our 2nd son got married & had a baby during the last 14 months and we flew to visit them for the baby's birth. Then they just moved to California from the East Coast, so we had the chance to visit in November & help them unpack (it was a 10 hour drive down). Both these times our son was pretty inhospitable (we put it down to the incredible stress of his job plus the events in his personal life), and my husband felt VERY disrespected and discounted. So although we had spoken to them of plans to visit at Christmas, he decided he really didn't need to endure that again. Our daughter was home from college, hadn't yet seen the baby. My husband said he didn't mind being alone for a couple of days after Christmas,so she & I were going to go ourselves. But he DID feel bad, so I stayed home.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:16 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• It was, in a word, wonderful. No drama, everyone was happy. It was worrisome for me leading up to it because it was the first time we'd be away from home, no family around, just the 4 of us...but it was actually really nice having just a small family Christmas. Everyone loved their presents, even though we kept it small this year, and dinner was delicious, and after a little drive to see the lights around town, we all snuggled up under my new blanket and watched a movie.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 10:38 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• It was peaceful and everyone was blessed.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:02 AM on Dec. 28, 2008