How often do you call in to work a year?

I don't feel like going to work today (but I'm going) so I was just wondering how often you all call in to work. My last job that I worked at for 8 months I called in 3 times and I was pregnant and one time was because I went into labor! And now I have a new job because I was in need of more hours and I've been there about 3 1/2 months and I haven't called in once... but its amazing how often and how many people do call in... this place just opened Oct 27th so every ones bascially worked there the same amount of time (some of us trained in other towns before the opening).

dtetz

Asked by dtetz at 9:30 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Hardly ever...but I work for a contractor and things are slow in the winter which allows me as much time as I would like...now in the summer...I had better be in the hospital before I call lol. We are slammin busy and I am the only office employee...so if I am not here the office is closed. That does not go over well with the boss man.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Between 1 to 3 times a year because of sickness!
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 9:40 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• When I did work, we got 10 sick days each year and one personal necessity day. I called in 11 times each year, about once a month. I was a teacher, so each month, I would take off one day.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• When I did work...for the 3 years I worked at this company I called in once and actually ended up going in to only work half a shift that day. I was an assisstant manager for a company at the airport and worked at least 10 hour shifts (usualy more) and the one time I called in, I was pregnant (but didn't know it then, thought I just had the flu). I also had a cold while pregnant and still did not call off...I went home early, but never called off. With the economy the way it is now, be careful.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I hardly ever do...the only time I get to miss work is if I have a doc appointment or dd is sick.
    BBowMommy

Answer by BBowMommy at 1:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I had never called in until I got pregnant with this baby(asside form when my other kids got sick-but never for me). Just hate going in sometimes now. I have no energy!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 5:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2008