My two years old's diaper was dry all day.......concerned?

My son was dry most of the day yesterday. He is not potty trained so nobody brought him to the bathroom and I missed it. He has been up for a half hour and hasn't gone yet. Has this ever happened to anyone? What was wrong. I am going to call the doctor in an hour if he still hasn't gone. My husband thinks that I am over reacting. I think it isn't normal to go an entire day without peeing. He hasn't been himself the last few days either. I thought it was just the excitement of the holidays.

BTW, He had at least 5 cups of liquid yesterday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Health

• i would watch it today.. and still nothing i would call his doctor about an hour before they close today so you won't have to go the whole weekend worrying
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• since you know him best if he seems strange take him in. hope he is all good. he has some strong muscles there. he may be ready for potty training.
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 9:57 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• This imo but during christmas my kids don't eat or drink alot there to buzzy playing my 2 yr old did the same thing last yr so maybe it's that it but i would still watch him...just in case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Has he been drinking lots of fluids? I know my sons would withhold their peeing when visiting family during the holidays--so much going on, not feeling comfortable at a different house, etc.--before they were potty trained--and now even after being fully trained they PREFER to wait until they get home--unless absolutely necessary!

I know that just before my sons were potty trained, they were able to hold their pee for UP TO about 20 hours, and were consistently dry throughout the night! I would say if your son is able to hold his pee (and there is not anything medically wrong--which I suspect is NOT the case--just maybe a little dehydrated), then I say get him started on potty training--pronto!!! :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:07 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Has he been dry since early yesterday? or did he go at night? If he didn't go at night even, or yet today, then I would also be concerned. It could be that he hasn't had enough to drink, but this is too long. If he did wet his diaper overnight, and if he has gone today, then it should be OK. But if he hasn't gone then you should call the doctor. Dehydration is a problem that should be treated. Please check back in with us and tell us how he is?

Answer by Bmat at 10:31 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Thanks ladies! I was on hold for the doctor when he announced that he was peeing. lol I hung up and checked and it was half full. Phew. I started thinking that maybe he had swallowed something and had a blockage or something. We have been to so many houses with so many different toys and decorations. God knows what he may have popped in his mouth. He is working on his second cup of cranberry juice now. I am going to pay close attention today, but I think he is fine.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Haha, so much for being anonymous. I was the one asking the question. I was afraid people would give me that , "call the doctor, you idiot" type of answer. Thanks again.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 26, 2008