Do female cats mate with their litter?

I have a Mother cat that had 3 kittens, 2 girls and 1 boy. I am wanting to know will she let her male offspring mate with her? Also will the male mate with his sisters?

maisah

Asked by maisah at 10:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2011 in Pets

• I don't know if she'll let her male baby mate with HER, but I know it's pretty common for male & female brother and sister cats to mate with each other.. dogs, rabbits, etc... too.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• Yes and yes my friends cats did and so did mine
    Blessed_mom1102

Answer by Blessed_mom1102 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• Yes they do but its better they dont. I had a friend that mated her female with the cats own son.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• Yes they can and do... also related--just a nice fun fact--how many kittens there are is how many times the deed was done--therefore it's even possible for kittens of the same litter to have DIFFERENT father. This is especially true if your cat has had free range while in heat.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• Yes, they can and will. If you plan on keeping them having them spayed and neutered would be a good idea.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• oooo my word!!!! I have to get on the ball and get the kittens fixed.. they 5 mo now, I want the mom to have more kittens but not now.. I need them for the farm but not til we get there... thanks guys for the feedback.... wow! my head hurts now....
    maisah

Comment by maisah (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• Yes they will. Animals are indiscriminate breeders. I had an old coworker, back when I worked at a car repair place, that started out with three dogs, two females, Lucy and Pepper, and a male, Bill, (pit bulls) and he bred both of the bitches with the male and kept a male from each litter. two years later he had given up on keeping them separate and just tossed them in the yard to breed indiscriminately. He tossed some food out there every once in a while and mostly just let them breed and give birth and tear each other apart. When he was out of town, he asked me to go over and get his mail for him and I went back to check on the dogs. I didn't know that he had about 10 other dogs by then. I opened the gate to pet Lucy and Pepper (Bill was on a chain) and, as I was petting Lucy, one of the other dogs came after me and bit me on the arm. Luckily Lucy and Pepper pulled him off of me. The other dogs, even Bill, who had once been
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• as friendly as the girls, was trying to attack me. I called the ASPCA and they ended up taking all of the dogs and had to put them all down, even Bill. I took Pepper and Lucy and found them good homes and they are still doing fine today. The others were so imbred that they had health problems and were just vicious. Two of them had to be shot for the ASPCA worker to get into the yard. I was furious with Malcolm.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• Do you realize that you don't have to breed farm cats? There are many organizations that have plenty of cats that would make perfect barn or farm cats. There are places that are so desperate to find places like that that they are not looking to charge an adoption fee
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2011

• I wouldn't want that many cats anyway. I have one cat that lives in my barn, by her own choice. I wanted her to be a house cat but she prefers the barn. I also have a kitten that lives in the house. She's too young to go outside. There are a lot of hawks where I live.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 4:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2011