This embarrassing but... does anyone know a good lotion or any remedy to soothe sore nipples after breast feeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i use my breastmilk to soothe my sore nipples. it helps me
    pjsmom08

Answer by pjsmom08 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Breastmilk helps. Also, Lanolin feels amazing and is safe. They give it out at our hospital and you can get it at the drug store.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 6:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• YES!! it is called lanolin--SHEEP SKIN OIL. It is made for this!! You can use it on the baby zits also...It works wonders even for diaper rash..It is found in baby isle and has purple box/bottle..Safe for baby to ingest!
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I heard that evening primrose oil is great for healing and also I used a hot pad. It helped alot!
    jenn.hedlund

Answer by jenn.hedlund at 7:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• yep any kind of lanolin is good, dont be embarrassed we are all mommies here :D check out babies r us, they have lots of good stuff, i cant remember the name of the stuff i used so sad my youngest is 2 goodness, shaking my head
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• This stuff is great! A lot softer than the stuff in the purple box
    http://www.hackleyhme.com/product_info.php/products_id/914/Medela_Tender_Care_Lanolin.html
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 9:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Breastmilk. And we are all moms here so no need to be embarassed by something like this.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Lanolin..pure. They sell the breastfeeding kind at pharmacies. A little goes a long way or get some free samples when visiting with a lactation consultant. I never needed much. There are also so great gel pads for breasts. Available at Babies R US or Drugstores.
    mommakline

Answer by mommakline at 12:22 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Lanolin works great. They have it at Target or even Baby's R Us. They also have cooling packs that you can chill and then put in your bra. They are round and have a whole in the middle for your nipple. Don't be embarrassed. I'm sure almost every mom in here knows what you are going through and that's what we are here for.
    Loviepoohbear

Answer by Loviepoohbear at 1:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I was going to say breastmilk too!
    jaschem

Answer by jaschem at 1:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2008