i have a 3 month old whose colicy how can i soothe him b4 he drives me crazy?

i have two other sons they were never this way i seriously need help!

mrssamchandler

Asked by mrssamchandler at 10:39 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can try Gripe water. Turn on a hair dryer when he is crying. Some babies love that noise and it will soothe them and sometimes even make them go to sleep.
    Get Mylicon drops and use them as directed on bottle.
    Definintly get the gripe water though. It's for Colic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• When my little one is having a meltdown i swaddle him and turn his body in so he is facing me. If he is really upset i will do that and rock him at the same time. Good luck!
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Try carrying him around in a carrier. That always worked for my son when he was that age and fussy, but I didn't have a good carrier so it really hurt my back and I couldn't do it often. I'd suggest getting a really comfy carrier. Also does he maybe have gas? I had to switch formulas bc my son was always colicy, as soon as I did he was a sweet baby again!
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Look up "the happiest baby on the block" by Dr. Karp.... it's a miracle video... and you will be amazed. I swear by his methood!!!!
    ArmyWife4Life08

Answer by ArmyWife4Life08 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• You can try burping your baby longer like for about 30mins.  Sometimes gas bubbles occur and can irritate the baby. The extended burping can improve that situation.  Also the "colic hold" is great, it soothes and sometimes puts the baby asleep.  Here's a link to the "colic hold" and other cures, http://womens-place.com/features/coliccures.php.  Hope this helps.  

NuMommy87

Answer by NuMommy87 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp is indeed a lifesaver, the book and the video.

If you're breastfeeding, don't stop. Babies who are breastfed have LESS colic than formula fed babies. If you're breastfeeding DO keep a food journal to track patterns and identify foods you eat that may be bothering baby.

Learn to swaddle and do it TIGHTLY. Invest in a white noise machine. Buy an infant sling. Babies who are worn close to the body cry less. When my child's colic was at it's peak, I'd put him in a sling and vacuum. The noise and closeness usually put him out.

Finally, take a deep breath. You didn't do this. You're not doing anything to cause this, and there's nothing that can make it stop completely other than a few more weeks. Make sure you're getting at least 15 minutes a day to collect your thoughts and do something "not baby related" to help keep you sane.
    Anonymous