is this right

for your mother to talk bad about her daughter and husband behind there back constantly and try to keep her away from daughters sister? Also doesnt mind taking free things from us but never calling nor inviting us over to see there granddaughter. oh and always canceling plans? sorry that was long! major ticked right now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm not sure exactly what the situation is.... mother's daughter's husband's sister....... anyway, it sounds like she's selfish and no, it's not right. Concentrate on your own family (DH or SO and YOUR children), and let her do what she will. It's unlikely that she will change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• A mother shouldn't act like that.

Are you the daughter? I would just stay away from her until she realizes her faults. It's not good for you or your family to be around someone like that.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 11:17 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• shes my mother
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I'm sorry your mother is acting like that.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 11:22 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• ya I know she cant help alot of it bein bipolar. she didnt even as to hold the baby yesterday. just blank
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• She sounds very mean and unpleasant. All I can think of is to keep being nice to her and not expecting anything in return. Try to see your sister and niece other places or invite yourselves over to see them.

Answer by Bmat at 11:28 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I've learned family isn't the be all, end all! Family should UNCONDITIONALLY accept and welcome you & your family or it's THEIR loss! My mother simply has too many issues for me to deal with--she's not willing to address them, see a shrink regularly OR take her Rx meds, so I had no choice cease contact w/her (5 yrs since I last spoke with her). I'm an only child and my children are her only grandchildren!

She created FAR TOO MUCH drama for me and my DH & our children, that it simply wasn't worth risking my marriage, and my family's happiness, over HER issues--my plate is already full! Best thing I ever did! My children have all the family they need--can't miss what you never had! And BTW, I have a WONDERFUL relationship with my MIL, and the rest of my DH's family--because we treat each other with respect...PERIOD!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• ya she likes to bring up our past marriage issues and gossip with her friends about us. saying things to my sisters but then has no problem getting free stuff off of us. so is it right just to avoid contact right now or speak up. which will prob just create drama
    Anonymous

• oh and they act like its an inncovenice because i dont want them smoking around the baby so they have to go outside or basement!
    Anonymous