What do you do for New Year's when your pregnant??

If I'm not in the hospital having my baby, what should I do for New Years? I've been invited to a party, but I'm sick of parties when I'm pregnant. I've been invited to more parties since being pregnant than I have ever in my life, and it totally sucks because I can't drink, so I'm the sober one left watching all the drunks act up...Lol!

Any ideas what me and hubby should do this year?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 11:19 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It would be a nice time to have a quiet evening at home, some bubbly grape juice, if you like, think about what the new year is bringing to you - a new addition to your family and a new phase to your life together. :)

Answer by Bmat at 11:32 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Well, last year I was having my baby(born on January 2 in the AM). This year, I'm pregnant AGAIN, and I am going to my aunts house. All her grandkids and their friends will be there so there will be lots of sparkling juice, snacks, games, and movies. I try to hang out with the kids or the older ones. lol I don't mid being with kids as they are generally more fun than the drunk-off-her-ass-puking-bleach-blonde-tramp at the other parties. LOL What are the kids (tweens and teens) in your family doing?
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:31 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I am having the same problem so thank you for asking this question and my new boyfriends mom just asked us to come down there and celebrate it with her and the foster kids she has so I think i might do that. Good luck and hopefully you find something fun to do.
    momsince21205

Answer by momsince21205 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• actually if your due soon...make plans to do something. cuz soon you wont be hanging out with friend without a baby attached to your hip for a long time. either that or youll be looking for a baby sitter a year before you need one to go out on xmas eve. plus i was told when i was due, make plans cuz babies seem to come when you have plans...and if they dont then you got to do something besides sitting home waiting.
    qtdavis

Answer by qtdavis at 12:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I was very pregnant on new year's and the last thing I wanted to do was go out. It sounds like fun until you are actually out in a crowd full of people bumping into you and then at the drop of a dime you just want to fall asleep and everyone else is raring to go. We just ended up making a bunch of appetizer's. Stuff we don't usually eat ie. shrimp, scallops, crablegs, etc..... rented good movies and played board games and I had every intention to stay up until midnight but couldnot make it past 9:30..... good luck to you...........
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 12:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Um, sleep while you can...you're going to need it!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• well if you're sick of going out to parties, then just stay at home with your hubby...if you have a fireplace, sit by the fireplace, have fondue, roast marshmellows and watch the ball drop on tv. that's what i'll probably be doing, hoping my daughter will fall asleep at a decent time, lol.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I think we are just going to stay home. I'm preggo to and I have a hard time staing awake past 10:30 now.
    BBowMommy

Answer by BBowMommy at 1:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• We're going to get some fire-works and have a few friends over. We'll toast with sparkling grape juice in wine glasses. lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Stay home and drink some sparkling cider. I think that is what I am going to do. I dont want to go to parties either. Its not fun watching everyone else have fun then you are always expected to be the DD even if you were not asked. People just assume you will be. UGH I am rambling now but that pisses me off!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 5:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2008