masturbation question...tmi?

i'm currently 29wks and 5days. wondering if masturbation can cause preterm labor if i've been doing it all along....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• nope maybe later on like 38wks the strong orgasim could cause some contractions. but not likely
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• When you orgasm you do usually feel contractions - from sex or masturbation.. The reason sex can be a problem for people with high risk for preterm labor is because semen has chemicals that actually help ripen the cervix. If you've been told no sex - you might be careful about masturbation for safety, I suppose. You could possible irritate the cervix if you use a toy that you insert. As with all things, if you're concerned you should ask your doctor. I know it's not the easiest thing to bring up - I had to do an embarrassing confession with my doctor when I had a *lot* of fluid from an orgasm. (I wrote a journal about it - I thought it was my amniotic fluid). Just keep in mind they have heard it all and you're babys safety is worth a little embarrassment.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• If your dr has said no orgasms due to the risk of contraction then dont do it. But if you are having preterm labor issues and dr has warned against it, then dont do it. I'm not allowed to because she is afraid the contractions will start up my preterm labor again :(
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2008