• In the Spotlight:

prenatal vitamins and constipation? TMI maybe

so im severly constipated and the dr gave me some sortof precribtion to take to help me use the bathroom well it didnt work i still cant go, my mother in law made me take some extra magnesium thinking that would help yeah well it didnt lol so then she made me drink some hot tea with Kyro syurpe sorry about the spelling, that hasnt worked either.
So im sure its the iron in the prenatals that are causing my issues iv never had problems befor this is there another vitamin i can take for a while till i can alteast use the potty. I dont wana stop taking my vitamins but at this point i dont know what else to try.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had really bad constipation (mine was due to my progesterone pills I was taking). If I didnt take colace stool softner ( I think is the best thing in the world for constipation), I never would have gone. My friend had problems with constipation due to her pre-natal vitamins. She didnt stop taking them but she did only take them 4 days a week as compared to 7 days a week and added extra food to her diet that can help with constipation and make up for not taking her pre-natals everyday. She did this through most of her first trimester and over half her second trimester. Good Luck hun and I hope you "get things moving"
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:34 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• When I was taking prenatal vits., my doctor prescribed Precare. They are a prescription prenatal w/stool softener. They were great.
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 11:43 AM on Dec. 26, 2008