Eyebrow threading

Has anyone had it done? What the difference between that and plucking or waxing?

mwebb

Asked by mwebb at 11:28 AM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I get mine done at the mall for $10. I wouldn't DREAM of having it done another way now. It is a little uncomfortable, especially for women who are very sensitive to pain. However, it is presice and looks GREAT! Plus, for $10?! Find someone and try it AT LEAST once. You'll love the results!! Plus, plucking on your own is a really bad guess!
    4theLoveofLovey

Answer by 4theLoveofLovey at 2:20 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Eyebrow threading involves twisting a piece of thread, usually cotton, into a double strand. This double stranded thread is used to pick up a line of hair and then remove it, creating a very clean, precise hairline. Eyebrow threading is the technique preferred by Indian movie stars, who are often distinguished by their crisp brow lines.

I coppied that from http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-eyebrow-threading.htm
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I watched it done, was going to have it done, but backed out. It is more painful than plucking and quite frankly, I don't have the time to sit there, nor the patience. It's supposed to be really good though.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I wish I could find someone in my area to do it. It's very clean and comes out looking great.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I got it done at the mall a couple months ago with 2 of my friends. It was fabulous! Cost the same as waxing but with none of the pain. She offered us our money back if there was any pain at all. I've gone back a couple times now and I love it. Just wish it was a little more private though...all those people walking by kind of freaked me out.
    angiemgiu

Answer by angiemgiu at 9:08 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Wow i was thinking of getting this done.Thank you for helping me make up my mind.If i can find someone who does it I think i will for a late gift to myself.I have always had trouble keeping my eyebrows looking nice and trim.I have a high tolerance for pain even if it ends up hurting anyways.
    Anonymous