I bit him back......

My son is 19 months old, and has been biting me and his sisters for a few months now. Well yesterday he bit me and I bit him back, but left a teeth mark on his arm. Now I feel so bad, I never dreamed me biting him would leave a mark. I am so embarassed that I will never bite him back again but Is there any way to cover this up ( have shared custody with his dad, and it's dads weekend!!)??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My grandma had a daycare back in the day. I remember if we told her "so and so bit me" or "so and so hit me" she'd say "go hit them or bite them back." lol. I would bite my kid back too if he bit me. Don't feel embarrassed. Don't try to cover it up, it will just make it look worse. Just send him on his way and address it if it comes up.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't be embarrassed. maybe alittle ashamed by the fact you bit when you were angry and that left a mark.. but i wouldn't cover it up if it some how came uncovered that would look like abuse. and you would get yourself in more trouble. no one is the perfect parent. if his dad asks about tell him what you did and you feel bad about it.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I would sooooo bite my kid back if they bit me! And I would go, see that hurts. Would his dad freak out and try to do something? Or is he understanding. I know other people that bite their kids back. Just tell him the situation and your sons new little habit.
    c_juanita

Answer by c_juanita at 1:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I hope your ex isn't a jerk. Honestly, if he wanted to "jam" you and call CPS, you could have some questions to answer. My ex's wife hit my child with a wooden spoon and left a mark on her... I dragged him into court and they adjusted custody. Try some ice, and maybe address it with your ex so he doesn't freak out.
    Anonymous

• Are you serious? You're asking people online to help you cover where you bit your son and left a mark?! I hope your ex does see it and contacts social services. You abused your kid, own up!
    Anonymous