has anyone had a historectume? sorry if spelled wrong

i was wondering what problems you need to have to get one my stomach has been hurting for acouple weeks and i go to the doc the 15 of next month im not pregnant well i better not be i had my tubes tied and when i was on my period i was in tears from the pain if anyone can tell me the problems they had before they got one thanks

wendy232425

Asked by wendy232425 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Health

• I had endometrosis, severe pain,with period or without.I had a partial,then 6 weeks later,had to go back and take out the rest.The best thing,that ever happened to me.Good luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I had a hemorrhaging problem that would not stop! I hemorrhaged for nearly 3 mos! I was severely anemic, lethargic and tired of waking up in a pool of blood. I was afraid I might not wake up at all. I finally decided I was sick of all the pills they were giving me try to stop bleeding and walked into my ob/gyn's office and demanded a complete hysterectomy. He didn't want to do it b/c I was 29 but I told him I was not leaving until I had a surgery date. It is by far the best thing I ever did! GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I had a partial hysterectomy when I was 37--still have uterus. I had developed 2 large dermoid cysts on each ovary. One of the cysts twisted on itself causing sharp pain like acute appendicitis (which is what I thought it was when I was rushed to the ER). Since the larger one HAD to be removed, I elected to have the smaller cyst removed at the same time--resulting in menopause!

I've been on HRT (estrogen) meds since, and no other problems. I had NO IDEA there was a cyst as large as a tennis ball--no outward telltale signs, no pain, no discharge/bleeding. The surgery was no different than a tubal ligation--2 small incisions, 2 days of prescription meds, and I was fine.

It's possible if your STOMACH is hurting, you have an ulcer--possibly perforated.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I had a hysterectomy because I had fibroids.  I was passing clots that looked like chunks of liver and I wouldn't stop bleeding which at times was extremely heavy.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• thanks to all of you moms that answered i will be having my doctor check my completely to make sure i have nothing wrong with me but if i need a hysterectomy i will be making them do one i hate the stomach pains i have
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2008