So, how soon are you going to take down your tree?

If it were just me it would be down today. My dh & ds want to keep it up for what seems like forever!!!!We have a minnesota viking themed christmas tree and they want to keep it up until the playoffs. (it's artificial)

tessntylersmom

Asked by tessntylersmom at 1:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Holidays

• I've been told it is bad luck to take it down before New Year's Day.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• lol this is a hot topic in my house. I hate when christmas is over so I like the tree up afew days but I also know I am expected to take it down. So this yr I am doing an experiment-I want to see how long it takes for them to help me lol. I see a tree next to Easter baskets in my future lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I want to take it down today, but I'm too lazy. That's why I'm on Cafemom.

mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 1:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i already took mine down lol and soon all the decorations on the mantel will be down to
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• My tree broke yesterday so it will all be dismantled this evening.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 2:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• probably tomorrow.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• i got out voted from my family so jan 3 rd i am going to attack the xmas tree
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 4:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• Well, we celebrate Advent from the Sunday after Thanksgiving until Dec. 24th with a wreath & candles, blue & silver colors in the decor, and singing Christmas Carols like O Come Emmanuel. The Nativity creche gets built up more every evening, and Mary & Joseph come closer with the donkey. Dec. 24th the wreath on the table gives way to the Christmas tree and Mary & Joseph settle into the stable. And now we're set to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas. Baby Jesus appears Christmas morning, the shepherds arrive that night and the 3 Kings figures start their journey toward the stable. Different Christmas Carols now get sung, and different Christmas stories get told or read. In January, 3 Kings carols are added and they arrive. Then they start their return journey .... the tree gets packed up after 3 Kings' Day Jan.6. So by mid-January, Christmas decor is put away. ( I love this tradition - presents don't take center stage.)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:49 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• When I am in the mood.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:01 AM on Dec. 28, 2008