What were your feelings on your first pregnancy?

I'm terrified! I'm getting loads of advice and doctors appointments all the time since it's a multiple pregnancy but instead of reassuring me like they're meant to I swear they're making me more nervous! And I'm panicking over every little thing. Am I really odd? How did you guys feel with your first?

tripletmomtobe

Asked by tripletmomtobe at 1:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I dont know what its like with multiples but I would imagine I would be in the same boat as you. I feel excited, scared, relieved, and nervous.
    Excited: we are anxious to meet her
    Scared: Its my first pregnancy and clueless as all the other new moms out there, so every little thing that feels different scares me
    Relieved: We had been trying for 2 years with no success and was relieved that "YES, I can get pregnant"
    Nervous: Just nervous if everything is going to be alright, am I doing enough to help her. Things like that.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• yes its just a first time jitters thing. im sure things will turn out just the way they should and you will be great and have healthy babies. try to enjoy your pregnancy.
    even the second time around is nerve racking but you just have to try and stay positive.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• pregnancy, labor, it's all scary ...when there's something you've never experienced before of course you become crazy, nervous and anxious about it. just pray, take your prenatal vitamins, drink plenty of water, try to eat healthy and take20 minute walks a day (don't exercise if your doctor orders you not to) but think positive and everything should be fine that's what i did. my doctors told me i was going to miscarry, but, GOD had other plans and I gave birth to a healthy baby, doctors call her a miracle angel..... so, good luck and congrats on your babies!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2008

• You're not odd, every mom worries about her pregnancy.  I think you should let your doctors know they are making you nervous.  Right now I'm sure you know you need to stay calm and collective.  I'm a first-mom and I was excited with my pregnancy.  I was scared of stillbirth, baby being born breach, getting injury while at work, you name it.  I finally relaxed when I left my job, but I think relaxed too much.  My labor was almost 36 hours and had to have a c-section.  Through it all I was proud to finally meet my little angel, the pain just melted away for the moment.

NuMommy87

Answer by NuMommy87 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2008