how do i get over the loneliness of singale motherhood?

newmommy0517

Asked by newmommy0517 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Just remember that you have your child(ren) and that they NEED you more than anyone else!!! It took me a long time to get over being selfish and only thinking of what I needed and what I was lacking in my life...but then I realized I have everything I need! My children....Good luck Cheer up you will survive!
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Find other single moms that you can relate with. It's nice to have a friend that's going through the same issues as you so you don't feel so alone. There's support groups and a TON of websites that you can check out as well. Remember, you always have Cafemom if you need a shoulder to lean on.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• it's nice to have other single mom friends, but i have found that good friends, regardless of their status, are a big help...make a point to do something with your friends on a regular basis...like i take a walk with one of my friends pretty much every night...and i usually go out for drinks once a month or so...it gives me time to chill and bond with my girls
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I delt with it by using Chat rooms for interaction so I was still with my daughter - then after that got old with all the drama, I went back to college. Now I don't have much time to be lonely, My classload is too full.
    HometownTypist

Answer by HometownTypist at 7:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I don't have any more friends who can occupy my mind. I isolated myself so deeply that no one would speak to me. and i get through my school work really fast. I try to keep busy but I've always been a lover this is harder then you think
    newmommy0517

Answer by newmommy0517 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• the only way is to PRAY and know that God has your back WHATEVER HE BRINGS YOU TO HE WILL SURELY BRING YOU THROUGH, send me a message i can encourage you :D
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Sweetie camtri3 is so right jsut pray hard and if you need a shoulder to cry on you can send me a message, this will just give you some more time with the baby and that is always a good thing,
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2008